Fennel increases breast milk supply
In many such cases of premature births, mothers are unable to lactate properly and therefore, the second option is to turn to donor milk from human milk banks which is vital to ensure the baby’s growth and development.
So, why do Human Milk Banks matter?
- Premature baby or considerably small for gestational age .
- Immunity disorders.
- Post-surgical nutrition.
- Renal Failure.
- Short Gut Syndrome
- Metabolic Diseases.
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia.
Benefits of Breast Milk
- A study suggests that children who have been fed with breast milk for a longer period have proven to have a higher IQ than the rest.
- By nurturing the infant with breast milk, mothers secure her health as the milk is packed with antibodies and immunity-boosting factors that can fight off any disease.
- In addition to fighting the pathogens, the antibodies present in breast milk also strengthen the baby’s immunity.
- The right amount of breast milk also promotes a healthy weight gain in the baby, thus avoiding the chances of developing childhood obesity.
Breast milk, often referred to as liquid gold, is packed with high nutrition which cannot be replicated or replaced. Since several NICUs find it difficult to acquire the right amount of breast milk, human milk banks can help them with this need. Neolacta Lifesciences, based out of Bangalore, is one such facility which is ISO:22000 certified as well as GMP approved, helping premature babies gain access to human milk. With its unique 100% human milk-derived products and patented technology, Neolacta has helped more than 20,000 babies in 200 tertiary care hospitals over the last 3 years in India.